OxygenOS Open Beta 30/21 with Face Unlock Rolling out to the OnePlus 3/3T
Users on XDA’s OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T forums enrolled in OnePlus’s Open Beta program have started to receive an over-the-air upgrade — Open Beta 30 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 21 for the OnePlus 3T — that includes a number of changes and improvements, including the addition of the OnePlus 5T’s much sought-after quick Face Unlock feature. Other changes include a redesigned app drawer in the launcher, the new OnePlus Switch application, and general bug fixes and performance optimizations.
A redesign isn’t all that’s new with OxygenOS‘s launcher, which has been updated to version 2.3. Now, it automatically names folders and has a dynamic icon desktop clock icon that changes the hour, minute, and second hands in real time. There’s also a new button in the bottom-right corner of the screen that pulls up the app drawer’s search feature.
It’s unclear if the update’s rolling out to the OnePlus 3T — some users are reporting that it’s only available on the OnePlus 3 right now, and that OTA notifications for the update are disappearing. And somewhat strangely, OnePlus has removed the Open Beta announcement from its forums and taken down the relevant thread. We’re assuming it’s a temporary kink, but we’ll update this article if we hear otherwise.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Launcher Updated to v2.3
- Drawer categories
- You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
- Auto folder tagging
- When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
- Dynamic Icon for Clock
- The Clock icon is now dynamic
- Notification dot optimization
- The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
- Launcher usage tips improved
- We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher
- Support for Airtel VoLTE in India
- Face Unlock function added
- Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore *We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Airtel VoLTE feature may not work (have coverage) in some areas
- Some third-party camera applications may not fully work with this update
You can download the over-the-air firmware for the OnePlus 3, which is flashable via the phone’s recovery menu, on the XDA forums at the source link. It’s possible that the update was pulled for stability reasons, though, so flash it with caution.
XDA Forums Post for the OnePlus 3 Open Beta 30
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.