[Update: OnePlus 7 Rollout] OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 7 series adds a new gesture, weather provider, and more
Earlier this month, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. As part of the update, OnePlus released a bunch of bug fixes and a couple of new features. Most notably, the company rolled out a new Work-Life Balance feature for users in India. This new feature allows users to sort notifications when at work or home, giving them some peace of mind. The update also included optimizations for the OnePlus Switch app and a new Activity mode in OnePlus’ Zen Mode. Now, the company is rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for the two devices with even more new features.
As per a recent post on the OnePlus forums, OxygenOS Open Beta 4 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 7 Pro and is expected to reach OnePlus 7 users next week. The update includes the usual bug fixes and improvements, along with some optimizations for some stock apps. Most notably, the update introduces a new “Raise to lower the ringtone” gesture within the Sounds & Vibration settings. When enabled, this feature will automatically lower the volume of your ringtone when you pick up your phone to answer an incoming call. Furthermore, the update adds The Weather Channel as a data source in OnePlus’ stock Weather app.
Here’s the complete changelog for the OxygenOS Open Beta 4:
- Fixed the screen flashing issue with setup while adding the fingerprint
- Fixed the issue of the accidental muting of a vehicle navigation system with a Bluetooth connection
- Fixed the disabling of mobile data after an upgrade
- Optimized visual effects of the permission’s pop-up window
- Optimized the black and white screen issues with some apps
- Improved system stability and fixed other known issues
- Added the “Raise to lower the ringtone” feature in Sounds & Vibration for incoming calls
- Enabled efficient addition of unknown numbers to contacts
- Optimized the description for the features
- Expanded the dial pad area to avoid mis-touches
- Optimized the message sorting feature by verification code
- Optimized UI and interactive experience
- OnePlus Switch
- Supported transfer of iPhone data through iCloud
- Added The Weather Channel as a data source for accurate weather data
The OnePlus Switch app has also received a new feature that will allow iPhone users to easily transfer their data through iCloud. We previously saw this feature in a beta release of the app. As mentioned earlier, the update is already rolling out to OnePlus 7 Pro users who are on the beta channel and is expected to reach the OnePlus 7 next week.
Download Links for OxygenOS Open Beta 4
If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, you can download the update package from the link below and manually flash it on your phone. If you’re already on the OxygenOS Open Beta 3 release, you’ll need to download the incremental OTA. However, if you’re on the stable channel then you’ll need to download the full OTA update on your device.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username from the Oxygen Updater team for the download links!
Update: OnePlus 7 Rollout
OxygenOS Open Beta 4 rolled out for the OnePlus 7 Pro last week and now it’s rolling out to the non-Pro OnePlus 7. This is the same update that was outlined above. You can find the download links below for the incremental and full OTA.