Paranoid Android releases Android 10 custom ROMs for some ASUS, OnePlus, and Xiaomi phones
LineageOS may be the most popular custom ROM out there, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t also other popular aftermarket builds. Custom ROMs like Pixel Experience, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix, and Paranoid Android also have a large number of fans. Each of these custom ROMs offer their own take on what the Android experience should be like. Paranoid Android was known for its style and innovative features back in the day, and even if they aren’t as large as they used to be after their original members were scouted by Nextbit (and later Razer), their remaining team members are still releasing new builds from time to time. After releasing a few beta builds based on Android 10 back in October, the Paranoid Android team has now announced the first stable releases for a handful of devices including the Essential Phone and a few others from ASUS, OnePlus, and Xiaomi.
Over on the team’s blog, they announced Paranoid Android Quartz 1, the first Android 10 stable build available now on our forums for several devices. This is also the team’s first stable release since their Android Nougat-based builds. For this initial stable release, the team has added the following features:
Paranoid Android Quartz 1 Feature List
- Included GAPPS inside the zips.
- April 2020 Security Patch Level.
- OTA support (with deltas).
- Adaptive Playback.
- Screen stabilization (Gimbal mode).
- SafetyNet (most devices).
- Built-in screen recorder.
- FOD support (Fingerprint On Display).
- Pulse notifications.
- ParanoidDoze: extended AOD support
- Off-screen gestures.
- Gestures support.
- Vibration adapted UI.
- Extended vibration system (OnePlus devices).
- Alert Slider UI (OnePlus devices).
- OTS: On The Spot, introduce user hint prompt system, uses a snackbar design to prompt the user for changes.
- Pocket Mode, introduces a mode that will detect whenever your device is on the pocket and prevent it from waking.
- Fast Charging indicator (includes OnePlus devices).
- Quick Settings Pull Down with one finger.
- Extended Restart.
- Introduced Settings reset for PA features under Settings → System → Reset Options.
- Double tap to sleep on keyguard (lockscreen) and launcher.
- Volume Long Press to Skip Tracks.
- Volume panel on left for devices with left volume buttons.
- Adjusted statusbar notifications per device.
- Navigation bar customization.
- Improved lockscreen security
- Caffeine tile (thanks LineageOS).
- Extended screenshot support (thanks Pixel Experience).
- Per-app cellular data, vpn and wifi restrictions.
- Three finger swipe down for screenshots.
- Pop-Up camera support.
- Based off CAF LA.UM.8.2.r1-04200-sdm660.0 tag.
The wallpapers were designed by Hampus Olsson, who is also the wallpaper designer for OnePlus. He has released the wallpapers for everyone to enjoy in his Abstruct app.
Download Paranoid Android Quartz 1 (Android 10)
You can download the Quartz 1 builds for the following devices from their respective XDA forum threads:
- ASUS ZenFone Pro Max M2
- ASUS ZenFone Pro Max M1
- Essential Phone
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 6 and 6T
- OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 6
Take note that these builds already have Google apps included, so you don’t need to flash a separate ZIP file to get the Google Play Store. This latest release also includes support for incremental updates so you won’t have to download entire system images for subsequent updates.
The Paranoid Android team is working to add support for the following devices:
- OnePlus 5 and 5T
- OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, and OnePlus 7T Pro
- POCOPHONE F1
- Sony Xperia XZ2 and Sony Xperia XZ2 Dual
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact and Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Dual
- Sony Xperia XZ3 and Sony Xperia XZ3 Dual
- Xiaomi Mi 9T and Xiaomi Redmi K20
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro and Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
If you’re interested in helping the Paranoid Android team with development, then reach out to [email protected]paranoidandroid.co. If you want to stay up-to-date on news and new releases from the team, you should consider following them on Twitter.