[Update: More Devices] Paranoid Android gets new features on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Essential Phone, and several Sony phones
After a bit of development hiatus after the release of their Android Oreo builds, Paranoid Android announced their return with the release of Android Pie ROMs. Supported devices for the initial release included the Xiaomi POCOF1, Xiaomi Mi 8, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Mi 5 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, with beta releases for the Essential Phone, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and the Moto G5 Plus.
Now, Paranoid Android has announced new features for its beta builds. Beta builds after February 21, 2019 (20190221) will come with these changes to the Paranoid Android experience:
- Upgraded source base code to LA.UM.7.3.r1-06700-sdm845.0.
- OTS: On The Spot, introduce user hint prompt system, uses a snackbar design to prompt the user for changes.
- Battery Styles, introduce different battery designs and options for your choice. Available at Settings → Battery.
- Pocket Mode, introduces a mode that will detect whenever your device is on the pocket and prevent it from waking.
- Fast Charging indicator (includes OnePlus devices).
- Quick Settings Pull Down with one finger.
- Extended Restart.
- Introduced Settings reset for PA features under Settings → System → Reset Options.
- Double tap to sleep on keyguard (lockscreen).
- Volume Long Press to Skip Tracks.
- Volume panel on left for devices with left volume buttons.
- Newer and better Screen Zoom levels.
- Navigation bar toggle for devices with hardware keys.
- Hardware buttons light support.
- Adjusted statusbar notifications per device.
- NFC Tile is now enabled in Quick Settings.
Additionally, builds after February 21, 2019 will be signed with different private keys, and so the team recommends a clean install even if you are installing over an older beta.
These beta builds are currently available for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Sony Xperia X, Sony Xperia X Compact and the Essential PH-1. Builds for more devices should go live in the coming days.
Have you installed the latest Paranoid Android beta on your device? Let us know your experience in the comments below!
Update: OnePlus and more Xiaomi devices
You can now download the latest PA for the following devices: OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, Xiaomi Mi A1, and Xiaomi Mi Pad 4. Here are the download links: