[Update: 4 New Devices] Paranoid Android Quartz 4 brings new features, adds support for Mi A2, Redmi K20, and more
The team behind the popular Paranoid Android custom ROM released the first stable Android 10-based build earlier this year in April. Since then, the team has rolled out two more stable releases with new features and support for more popular devices. With the Quartz 3 release last month, the team added support for a couple of Xiaomi devices and revealed that they were working to extend support for a few more popular phones, like the Google Nexus 6P, Xiaomi Mi A2, Redmi Note 7, and more. Now, the team has started rolling out Paranoid Android Quartz 4, which brings support for a few of these devices and adds a couple of noteworthy features to the ROM.
As per a recent post on the team’s blog, Paranoid Android Quartz 4 is now rolling out for all supported devices and it includes these improvements and features:
- July security patchset.
- App Locker (system wide).
- Swipe to Face Unlock on lockscreen.
- Internal audio screenrecord support.
- Full gestural navigation mode support.
- Unlink ringtone and notification volumes.
- Volume panel version 1.1.
- Heads Up tile.
- USAP support.
- Support for FOD dim only icon (OnePlus).
- Longpress power button to enable torch.
- Statusbar icons manager.
- Fixed AAC codec support for all devices.
Along with the aforementioned features, the Paranoid Android Quartz 4 build also includes a few device-specific changes that can be found on the second post of the respective device threads on our forums (linked below). As mentioned earlier, the build also brings support for the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (HLTE/CHN/KOR/TMO)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 9T/Redmi K20
- Xiaomi Mi A2
The team is working to add support for the following devices as well, builds for which will be released in the next few days:
- Google Nexus 6P
- OnePlus 7 and 7T
- Xiaomi Redmi 7/Y3
Download Paranoid Android Quartz 4
If you’re interested in trying out Paranoid Android Quartz 4 on your device, you can head over to the respective XDA forum thread (linked below) and follow the instructions in the post to get started:
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M2 (XDA Forums)
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 (XDA Forums)
- Essential Phone (XDA Forums)
- OnePlus 7 Pro (XDA Forums)
- OnePlus 6 (XDA Forums) and 6T (XDA Forums)
- OnePlus 3 and 3T (XDA Forums: 3, 3T)
- OnePlus 5 and 5T (XDA Forums: 5, 5T)
- OnePlus 7T Pro (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/8T (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi 3s (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro (XDA Forums: Note 5, Note 5 Pro)
- Xiaomi Mi A2 (XDA Forums)
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro (XDA Forums)
- Pocophone F1 (XDA Forums)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (XDA Forums)
Note: Builds for a few new and previously supported devices had not rolled out at the time of writing. We will update the post as soon as the respective forum posts go live.
All the aforementioned builds already have Google apps included, so you don’t need to flash a separate ZIP file to get the Google Play Store. However, if you’re a Galaxy Note 3 user, you will have to flash a separate Gapps package to get Google apps on your device. In case you already have the Paranoid Android Quartz 3 build running on your device, you should automatically receive the Quartz 4 OTA in the next few days.
The Paranoid Android team is currently working to extend support to a few more devices, including:
- OnePlus One
- Sony Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Dual
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact and XZ2 Compact Dual
- Sony Xperia XZ3 and XZ3 Dual
- Xiaomi Mi A3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
If you’re interested in helping the team with development, you can reach out to [email protected]paranoidandroid.co. In case you want to stay up-to-date on news about the custom ROM and new releases, you should consider following them on Twitter.
Update: Paranoid Android Quartz 4 based on Android 10 is now available for the Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20, Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Xiaomi Redmi 7/Y3
Over the weekend, Paranoid Android has added in support for four new devices: