Pixel Launcher Editor is a root mod that lets you customize the launcher on the Pixel 4, 3a, and 3
Android fans love to get apps from Pixel phones on other devices. One of those apps that we see people try to port and replicate a lot is the Pixel Launcher. The Pixel Launcher is a lightweight launcher with some Google goodies, but it’s not terribly customizable. That’s where Pixel Launcher Editor comes in.
Pixel Launcher Editor was created by XDA Senior Member eg1122. It’s described as a combination of a Magisk module and a Substratum theme. The app essentially allows you to build your own custom theme for the Pixel Launcher, which you then apply with Substratum.
Here’s a list of features:
- Removed drag handle from home screen by default
- Changes folder background color by default
- Option to change grid layout in home screen and app drawer
- Option to remove search bar (along with page indicator) from home and app drawer
- Option to remove homescreen and app drawer text
- Option to change app drawer background
- Option to change folder background
- Option to change folder border color
- Option to change icon size
- Option to change home screen text color
- Option to change app drawer text color
- Option to change folder text color
There is one mod for the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL and a separate mod for the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, and Pixel 3a XL. Obviously, you will need root, Magisk, and Substratum to get this working. You can watch this video to see how to set it all up. Check out the forum threads below for the full instructions.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.