Poweramp v3 build 842 adds external storage support for Chrome OS, search in Settings, and more
When talking about third-party music players, the first name that always springs to mind is Poweramp. Granted, there are plenty of good music players out there on the Play Store, but none match the level of customization and features that Poweramp offers. Poweramp was the go-to music player for a vast majority of Android users in the old days and it continues to be the choice of music player for power users and audiophiles. The app keeps getting better with new feature additions and improvements. The last few updates to the app brought support for Android Auto, improved Google Assistant integration, and added Hi-Res playback for Huawei devices running Android Pie among other things. The app is now receiving a new update which further expands the feature list and improves stability.
The new update (build 842) adds support for external storage on Chrome OS, a new “No Reshuffle” option, new fonts, and a search option in the Settings menu. The changelog also mentions tweaks for devices running Android 10, audio info dialog improvements, as well as Hi-Res support for iBasso DX150 music player and balanced output on FiiO devices. You can find the full update changelog below.
- Search in Settings
- New No Reshuffle option
- New Alternative Font option
- The font is scalable according to the device text size settings
- Added new fonts for widgets
- Audio info dialog improvements
- New 5 stars (menu/lists only) option
- New Icon options
- Various small tweaks for Android 10
- Balanced output support for FiiO
- Hi-Res support for iBasso DX150
- External storages support for ChromeOS and few other polishings
- New Also use for (playlist/artist/composers) option in Album Art dialog
- Allows selecting image for the category
- Experimental support for http(s) streams in m3u playlists
- Streams are visible in and playable from Playlists/Most Played/Recently Added/Recently Played/Top Rated/Low Rated/Queue categories
- New Network Stream Timeout option
- New Always Use UTF-8 for .m3u option
- Improved split-screen layout for the main UI
- Translations updates
- Added Serbian
Poweramp was resurrected last year after a two-year-long development hiatus. Then Poweramp 3.0 was the first major update since 2016 and it brought massive revamp to all parts of UI along with improvements on the audio front and better support for newer versions of Android. We did an in-depth review of the Poweramp 3.0 so be sure to check it out as well if you are considering buying the paid version.
The new update is not yet live on the Play Store but you can download it from the Poweramp forum by clicking on the link below.