PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 adds Hardcore Mode, Death Replay, and more
Earlier this year in January, PUBG Mobile rolled out update v0.16.5, kicking off Season 11 for the game and introducing a new Arena map and Domination mode. Now, the game is receiving yet another massive update in preparation for its second-anniversary celebrations. PUBG Mobile v.0.17.0 has already started rolling out on the Play Store and the latest update is marked by the return of the infamous Hardcore Mode in Arcade, along with new features and improvements to the Classic Mode. The update also lays down the groundwork for the upcoming second-anniversary celebrations and the Royale Pass Season 12.
To celebrate the PUBG Mobile’s second anniversary, the Royale Pass Season 12 will have a new “2gether We Play” theme when it kicks off on March 9. The season pass will include a fresh selection of festive gear, challenges, and rewards to keep players engaged. The game will also include an Amusement Park Mode in the classic Erangel map starting from March 12, where players will be able to enjoy interactive games and attractions. Players who participate in the anniversary celebrations in-game will receive exclusive rewards and achievements.
Other than the anniversary celebrations, which will kick off later this month, here’s everything new in PUBG Mobile v.0.17.0:
- New airdrop weapon: DBS
- The powerful double-barrel shotgun, that we’ve already seen in action on the PC version of the game, is finally making its way to PUBG Mobile. It fires two shots per magazine and holds 14 rounds of 12 Gauge ammo per reload. The DBS can be equipped with a Holo Sight, Red Dot, and 2x to 6x scopes.
- Brothers in Arms System
- Players can register as Rookie or Veteran and play together in the battle of Classic Mode. Veterans with rich game experience can guide rookies in the game and receive great rewards, during which the rookies can learn from the veterans and master the game quickly.
- Death Replay function
- Players can now watch from the attacker’s perspective for a certain time prior to their deaths.
- Universal Marks
- Players can now mark locations, supplies, vehicles, death crates, and doors for teammates, allowing for quick communications.
- Colorblind Mode
- Graphics settings now include more color options for in-game indicators, such as Poison, Smoke and Auxiliary Lines, for people with color blindness.
- Teammate Volume Control
- Players can now adjust the voice volume of individual teammates in battle.
- Firearm balancing and other improvements
Along with all the aforementioned changes, the latest update includes a ton of other minor changes to the game. You can check out the complete patch notes for the PUBG Mobile v.0.17.0 update by following this link.