PUBG Mobile 1.1 beta brings new ‘Metro Royale’ mode
PUBG Mobile is getting a new beta update giving us an early look at what players can expect in the near future. The biggest highlight of the update is a new mode called Metro Royale. PUBG Mobile had made an announcement back in August about its collaboration with Metro Exodus, the popular horror-themed first-person shooter (FPS) that is available on PC, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Google Stadia. The new 1.1 beta update arrives just days after the patch notes were shared on the official PUBG Mobile Discord channel. According to the patch notes, the new Metro Royale mode brings new maps, a pre-configured weapons and equipment loadout, a special black market place, a new weapon called Tikhar, along with some new challenges.
As for the regular classic mode, the new PUBG Mobile 1.1 beta update brings back the Winter mode that we saw late last year. Most importantly, the game is getting a new Spike Trap item, and the ability to throw melee items at opponents. The former seems to be a tool to disable vehicles while the option to throw items comes from the original PC version of PUBG.
You may have claimed a Chicken Dinner… but you haven’t seen anything yet! 🗺️
Be sure to stay tuned for our collaboration with Metro Exodus, the latest video game in the acclaimed @MetroVideoGame series! More details coming soon! 👉 https://t.co/V8wiKgp7XD pic.twitter.com/DCyu8PERgo
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) August 7, 2020
We managed to install the beta update and hopped in a quick round of the new Metro Royale mode. It is an interesting addition to the game and seems to be inspired by Badlanders. The main objective, from what we could understand, is to go in the game with a loadout, hunt down enemies, get more loot, get to the extraction point, and then sell and upgrade your loadout in the marketplace. Considering this is a beta version, we mostly encountered bots that were fairly easy to hunt. Once you return from the game, you get a value for the amount of loot you collected. You can sell those items to upgrade to more powerful weapons and equipment. This mode goes beyond the existing offering in PUBG Mobile by offering up to six levels of armor protection and backpack as well as advanced levels of weapons that you can unlock.
PUBG Mobile 1.1 Beta Patch Note
- New Metro Royale mode
- New map: Two unique maps…
- New equipment: New Thermal Sight/Night Vision equipment and new Tikar Rifle.
- New Challenges: Introduction of Agile bandits, Special monsters and more
- New Metro Royale non-battle system
- New System – Mode Loadout: Equipment configured in the loadout can be brought into battle…
- New System – Black Market: An exclusive Metro Royale Shop
- Classic Mode themed gameplay
- Winter Festival: New Winter Castle Paradise. Players can visit the Winter Festival hut and gift pine tree…and more
- Classic Mode additions and improvements
- New item: Spike Trap
- Players can throw or pick up melee weapons and put them back into the backpack, and more.