PUBG Mobile Lite launched in India, designed for phones with less than 2GB RAM
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground, or PUBG as it is more commonly referred to as, is one of the most popular games available on the Google Play Store. The Mobile version of the game sees massive popularity in India, and it is rather common to hear about it in clickbait news stories every week where the game is blamed for its addictive nature. The game continues to be popular despite its taxing hardware requirements which require a mid-range smartphone with competitive specifications to enjoy the gameplay. Developers Tencent and PUBG Corp. have realized that there still remains an untapped market, and have thus developed and launched PUBG Mobile Lite in India.
PUBG Mobile Lite expands PUBG Mobile’s compatibility to even more devices, especially those in the budget segment and early mid-range segment. The Lite version of the game is optimized for low-end smartphones which have low RAM and lower storage specifications, as the game comes in at just 400MB for its installer and is designed to work on phones with less than 2GB of RAM. PUBG Mobile Lite thus features a smaller map that accommodates 60 players against the 100 players in the full version. Because of the smaller map and the lower number of simultaneous players in the map, a single round of gameplay comes out to be much faster at 10 minutes compared to the usual ~25 minutes of gameplay in the full mobile version.
Other key features for PUBG Mobile Lite are as follows:
- Enhanced Aim Assist: The new auxiliary aim assist makes aiming simpler and better on weaker networks. The intensity differs between standing and prone positions.
- Winner Pass: The Royale Pass from the regular version is replaced with a Winner Pass. The season for this new pass will span over a month and have faster achievement unlocks.
- Bullet Trail Adjustments: The Lite version of the game will feature increased bullet speed and no bullet drop effect, simplifying gameplay for weak networks.
- Weapon Recoil Suppression: The Lite version also has lower weapon recoil compared to the main game, simplifying gameplay.
- Extended Time To Kill: The Lite version makes appropriate increases to Time to Kill to increase player survivability and encourage aggressive gameplay.
- Location Display: The map on the Lite game will expose a shooter within the mini-map’s range, increasing battle speed and changing game dynamics.
- Healing while Moving: Another core gameplay change involves adding in the ability for players to heal while they are moving. Players can heal in all stances except prone.
- Building Density and Loot Supply Optimizations: To complement the smaller map, building density has been increased. Loot frequency has also been increased to expedite looting and speed up gameplay.
- Map Quality Optimizations
- RPG and new Firearm integrations: Players can experience a new weapon in select game modes.
New players joining in on PUBG Mobile Lite will be eligible for various rewards, in the form of new gears and vehicles. If you have been dealing with choppy graphics and gameplay lag on the regular game, we recommend trying out PUBG Mobile Lite.