PUBG Mobile v0.15.5 update brings new 4v4 Team Deathmatch map, Companions, new weapon and vehicle for Vikendi, and more
Over the last year or so, the Battle Royale genre has exploded in popularity thanks, in part, to PUBG Mobile. But it’s not the only popular game in the genre and it faces stiff competition from Fortnite and the recently released Call of Duty Mobile. To keep the player base interested, developer Tencent Games keeps adding new content to the game with each successive update. Most recently, the game received a new Payload Mode with helicopters and the Desert Eagle handgun. And now, Tencent has released patch notes for the next major update.
PUBG Mobile version 0.15.5 will start rolling out to players on November 8th and will kick off Royale Pass Season 10 with a new “Fury of the Wasteland” theme. As part of the update, the game is set to receive a new team deathmatch map called Ruins, a new SMG and vehicle exclusive to Vikendi, the companion system that we saw previously in a beta release, and a new character for the EVO modes. Here are the concise patch notes for the update, along with some additional information:
- Royale Pass Season 10: Fury of the Wasteland
- All new rewards
- Requests have been relaunched and Royale Pass can now be gifted.
- The Royale Pass Upgrade Card can now be used directly in the Pass Upgrade page.
- Improved UI for Royale Pass
- New Team Deathmatch map: Ruins
- A new TDM-exclusive map Ruins: Mysterious ancient ruins hidden in a rainforest. With dense vegetation and winding paths, it’s up to the players to go head-to-head with enemies or work together to set up a stronghold.
- Players will be able to respawn at random coordinates
- New weapon MP5K:
- The MP5K is a portable SMG that only appears in Vikendi, replacing the Vector.
- The MP5K has a high rate of fire at 900 RPM and has outstanding anti-recoil capabilities.
- The MP5K has a base damage of 33 and can be equipped with all attachments (Tactical Stock, Mags, Scopes, Foregrips, and Laser Sights)
- New vehicle Zima:
- Zima replaces the UAZ in Vikendi (Vikendi exclusive).
- Although it is more challenging to operate the Zima in snowy terrain, it is easier to drive than other 4-wheeled vehicles, making it more practical.
- The Zima is slower than other vehicles but more resistant to damage and can be used for alternate strategies.
- Season System: Added Tier Protection Card rewards to the Platinum and Crown tiers. After reaching the Ace tier, players can earn one star for every 100 points they gain. The icon changes with the number of stars.
- Copper: 1-5 stars
- Silver: 5-10 stars
- Gold: 11 stars or more
- New Player 8-Day Rewards: Updated 8-Day rewards for new players to add Finishes, Trails, Classic Crate Vouchers, and other rewards.
- Companion System: The Falcon
- Players will soon be able to collect materials for the Falcon companion in the redemption event for free. Players can also get more Companion Shards in the Shop or from the Royale Pass to get the Falcon, Falcon Avatar, Companion Food, and other items.
- Will go live on November 11th
- New Character (Coming Soon): Vehicle Engineer – Sara.
- Sara’s ability, Vehicle Enhancement, reduces the damage taken by vehicles when she is driving or riding in a vehicle in the EVO Modes.
- Changed Arcade mode availability
- Mini-Zone will be taken down temporarily
- Quick Match will be available at all times
- Sniper Training will now be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- War mode will now be available on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays
Along with the aforementioned features, the update will also bring some much-needed improvements to the team recruitment channel and clans, among other things. You can check out the complete changelog by following the link below. It’s worth noting that while the update will start rolling out on November 8th, the servers won’t be taken offline. Players who update between November 8th and 14th will receive 20 Silver, 2,000 BP, and 1 Blue Glider Trail. PUBG Mobile v0.15.5 will require approximately 0.21GB of storage space on Android and 0.24GB on iOS.
Source: PUBG Mobile