Realme UI based on Android 10 rolls out for the Realme 3 and 3i
In its early days, Realme shipped a slightly modified version of ColorOS on its smartphones. Many people had strong opinions about this choice as they felt they deserved something better from a company that claimed to be an entity independent from Oppo. To address this, the company introduced a new skin called Realme UI. At its core, the Realme UI is still based on ColorOS, but it features a revamped user interface inspired by stock Android. However, it’s nowhere near the close-to-stock experience as claimed by the company, but it’s something at least. The company had promised to bring the new Reame UI to several existing Realme phones and even shared a general timeline about the update rollout. Devices like the Realme 3 Pro, Realme XT, Realme X, and Realme 5 Pro received their updates a while back. Now the company has begun rolling out Realme UI based on Android 10 to Realme 3 and Realme 3i.
The Realme 3 and 3i update carries version RMX1821EX_11.C.09 and is about 213MB in size. The update is based on Android 10 and brings along a refreshed UI and tons of new features including a revamped notification panel, stock Android-inspired system launcher, Smart Sidebar, new Digital Wellbeing tools with Focus mode, improved camera performance and much more.
The full changelog for the Realme UI 1.0 update for the Realme 3 and Realme 3i is as below:
- Updated UI to realme UI.
- Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Smart Sidebar
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
- Navigation Gestures 3.0
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
The update has already started rolling out to the Realme 3 / 3i devices in a phased manner and should be available for download to all users over the coming days.
Thanks to Telegram user @girishgolait for the update screenshot!