Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 released with theme selection and notch support
The Google Pixel launcher comes preloaded on Google’s flagship devices, and it’s a favorite launcher of many. While it boasts fewer features than the likes of Nova Launcher, it’s simplistic and supports features such as “At a Glance” and the Google feed panel. Amir Zaidi figured out how to port these features to other devices – and without needing root. He reverse engineered the Google Pixel Launcher and ported over features to Launcher3, the stock AOSP launcher. Version 3.6 of the Rootless Pixel Launcher is here, and it boasts theme selection, notch support, and lots of bug fixes.
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 Released
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 supports notches and themes
Previously, the default behavior of Rootless Pixel Launcher was to decide the theme based on the wallpaper. You can still keep that if you wish by selecting automatic, but for those who want a little bit more control over their launcher they can change that theme. Each of the themes changes the background color of the app drawer and some other minor things like the text color. You can check out each of them below.
The notch support (added in 3.5) on top of that means you’ll no longer have your phone’s notch cut out out the Google Search bar. The status bar also is now in the correct place on notched displays.
Speaking of themes, the latest version also adds support for Substratum and OEM theming. The Google Search bar, for example, could be themed to be AMOLED friendly.
You can check out the announcement post below, along with all of the bug fixes introduced with this version too.
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 bug fixes
- Delay workspace loading after a failed shortcut drag by half a second. This fixes a bug where the app drawer would stay half open when very briefly holding a shortcut.
- Add open source licenses preference in about settings category
- Strip empty left page after a settings invoked reload that removes At A Glance
- Import translations for all theme options
- Never scroll the home screen when app drawer is visible. This fixes a bug where the top left and top right corner could be used to scroll between pages.
- Clean up build.gradle, re-enable AAPT2 and update all dependencies
- Avoid crash when widget previews have no defined size
- Check the correct build version in WallpaperManagerCompat to remove logcat spam
- Bring back long press arrow for search functionality. This can be used to easily unhide apps.
- Reset scroll position when dragging up the app drawer. Fixes a bug where the app drawer was already scrolled if you held the background when closing.
- Reduce drawer opening stutters by only querying enough intents to fill predictions
- Change shortcut icon fallback to match the L3GO widgets icon
- Allow for statically typed drawable name in the round icon attribute. Fixes some crashes and is able to load more round icons on Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat.
- Improve proguard optimization rules by only optimizing constructors. Should slightly improve the performance, but is probably not noticable.
- Add Cylinder adaptive icon shape to the available icon shape options on Oreo
- Update Greek and Portuguese translations of Squircle
- Disable new app drawer Google Search style on Nougat because of layout bugs
- Disable white circle around icons on Go build
- Disallow interacting with a widget that is being resized
- Check both normalized and non-normalized search input for app search. Should fix the problem where some languages could not find any apps using the search
- function anymore.
- Automatically hide the Google Search style app drawer search bar when the Google App is disabled
- Add max_aspect tag for transparent navigation bar on OEM ROMs. Fixes the black navigation bar on LG phones.