[Update: Foldable phone too] Samsung Galaxy S10 will be revealed on February 20th
There have been rumors popping up in the last 24 hours about the Samsung Galaxy S10 finally getting an announcement date. We heard rumors of a February 20th launch event last month as well. Samsung has gone ahead and confirmed all the reports by making Unpacked 2019 official. The event is scheduled for February 20th in San Francisco. Samsung will be celebrating “10 years of innovations” with the Galaxy S10.
The February event lines up with rumors that pegged the Galaxy S10 for an April launch. We have been expecting to see at least three variants at the event, and now rumors are claiming they will also show off a closer-to-final version of their foldable phone. The 5G Galaxy S10 model is expected to launch later than the other models, but it still could be shown off at the event.
Samsung has a lot of devices to show off this year. The three Galaxy S10 models will include a “Lite” model, a standard model, and a Plus model. All of these new phones will launch with One UI based on Android Pie. As you would expect, the Galaxy S10 and the foldable phone have been the subject of countless rumors and reports. Here’s a collection of the most important stories:
- Samsung is working on their own version of Google Camera’s Night Sight mode called “Bright Night”
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus renders show off Infinity O display and triple rear cameras
- Samsung Galaxy S10 to come in 4 colors, Galaxy F foldable phone with 512 GB storage
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Special Edition rumored to have 6 cameras and 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10 may ditch iris scanner for faster and larger in-display fingerprint sensor
Update: Foldable phone will be shown off too
The original article mentioned the Galaxy foldable phone was rumored to be shown off in a more finalized state. Samsung has basically confirmed this with billboards in Paris. The billboards read, “The future unfolds” and “February twentieth” in Korean. Samsung shared this translation in a press release along with the photos below. If that is not a hint to the foldable phone, we don’t know what is.