Samsung Good Lock addon brings new Always on Display/Lock Screen clock designs
Samsung released a revamped version of Good Lock last week with a new addon system for UI customization. It was first released to just South Korea, but then it was expanded into the United States on Monday. Today, Samsung Good Lock has been updated with a new app called ClockFace. It works on any Samsung Galaxy smartphone running Samsung Experience 9.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo) such as the Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, or Samsung Galaxy S9.
In Samsung Experience 9.0, Samsung’s version of Android 8.0, Samsung added lock screen customization. It allows you to switch the design of the Always on Display and the clock on the Lock Screen. This Samsung Good Lock addon adds 29 extra clock designs.
- To use ClockFace, sideload this APK. You will also need the latest version of the Always On Display installed which can be found here.
- Go to Settings then select Lock screen and security.
- Tap the Clock and FaceWidgets option, then select Clock style.
- In the options, Clock style will show all of the default options. At the end of the list, you will see a new icon (pictured below).
- When you select that, you will be able to select one of the 29 new designs for the clock and Always on Display.
- Once you select an option, you have to make sure you click Apply in the top right corner, then Done to make sure it’s applied.
The clock styles also allow you to change the color of the clock. The colors can be set to adaptive, which is the default and the color will change depending on the wallpaper. It also has options for static and rainbow colors.
ClockFace is a great addition to the Samsung Good Lock family. You can follow this guide for how to install the other plugins or download Good Lock 2018 from the Galaxy Apps store. ClockFace can only be accessed through the clock style settings for now, but it should be available in the Good Lock app soon. Good Lock is available for any Galaxy smartphone running Android Oreo which as we’ve mentioned before includes the Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S8, and more.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.