New Good Lock module gives you more ways to automate Samsung Bixby
Samsung has quietly introduced a new Good Lock module that allows users to make more powerful Bixby Routines. Called Routine+, the new module is available now in Samsung’s Galaxy Store.
According to the listing for Routine+, the new module allows users to “add advanced features to Bixby Routines so you can make more powerful routines.” Additionally, Routine+ adds more conditions, actions, and the ability to share these more advanced routines. Here’s the listing’s description:
- Add advanced features to Bixby Routines so you can make more powerful routines.
- Get additional features for your Bixby Routines.
- Added conditions – Unlock with fingerprint, Air action(Using S Pen), Button action
- Added actions – Read text aloud, Arrow key, Touch macro
- Share (Share via QR code, Export routines, Import saved routines)
- * Only available to Routines + users. Supported languages: English, Korean, Chinese(TBD)
- * Please install Android OS 11 and OneUI3.1 or later for a pleasant experience while using Routines +. * Feature availability may vary by device model/OS version.
According to Samsung, to use Routine+ you must install Android 11 and OneUI 3.1 or later. The module currently supports English and Korean.
Some of the recommended routines in Routine+ include location based quick access, running a touch macro, and controlling arrow keys with S Pen. You can also set a website to open every time you unlock your phone with your fingerprint. You can also get a voice alert when your battery is low and show animations when you get messages with certain keywords.
Routine+ looks like a pretty cool addition to the experience, and appears to provide users with a lot of control.
If you’re unfamiliar with Samsung’s Good Lock, now may be a good time to explore what it has to offer. Good Lock offers a suite of officially developed mods that allow users to customize their experience. Earlier this year, Samsung released Good Lock 2021 for devices running One UI 3 based on Android 11, adding new features to the Theme Park, Wonderland, and NavStar modules.