Best Surface Pro X accessories: Logitech, Waterfield, and more
Microsoft chose not to completely redesign the Surface Pro X this year, instead bringing the Surface Pro 8 closer in design to its cousin. But the Surface Pro X did get a few under the hood improvements and is still a great looking device. If you recently bought a new Surface Pro X, you’re going to need a few accessories to get the most out of it. Microsoft doesn’t bundle the keyboard cover or pen with the new Surface devices, so you’ll first want to consider whether you need either of those items. You may also want an external mouse or keyboard for use on the go, as well as a sleeve or bag to carry it around. In this article we’ll round up the best Microsoft Surface Pro X accessories overall, in each category.
We start off with a quick look at pen options. You can of course go all out and pick up the new Microsoft Slim Pen 2, which has some key improvements over the original Slim Pen. However, if you are on a more strict budget, take a look at some of the third-party options we’ve selected from Best Buy and Amazon. There are a number of pens that are designed for the Microsoft standard and still work great with your Surface Pro X.
After deciding on a pen, we’ll do a deep dive into the best keyboards covers, external keyboards, mice, and sleeves/bags available for the Surface Pro X. Even if you don’t want to get super fancy, you should at least pick up a bag or sleeve for protection when carrying around this beautiful device.
Best Surface Pro X accessories: Pens
- If you want to match your new Surface Go 3 perfectly, the official Microsoft Surface Pen is the way to go. Writes like pen on paper. Surface Pen is a natural writing and drawing tool, with precision ink on one end that now enables tilt and a natural-feeling rubber eraser on the other. Responds to an artists touch. Effortlessly express the finest sketches and lines with Surface Pen. Rest your hand on the screen of your Surface device, just as you would writing on a notebook.
- At under $30, the Tesha Surface pen has just about everything the Microsoft version offers. It features 1,024 pressure points, designed for writing, drawing, and note taking. Instant response, low latency, truly accurate handwriting reproduction. Palm rejection technology allows you to rest your hand naturally on the screen while writing, no need to wear anti-friction gloves. Super convenient for kids.
- Ergonomic design with palm rejection which allows resting your hand comfortably on the screen while working. Equipped with two buttons for option on eraser or mouse mode. With the 9.5 mm diameter streamlined tip point, this stylus is sensitive to pressure and tilt for making subtle shadow or creating delicate drawings. It's also multifunctional to use it for the slideshows presentations.
- The Dell Premium Active Pen features flexible, multi-protocol compatibility with select Dell 2-in-1s with a Windows Ink compatible display. Quickly launch OneNote by clicking the top button and write notes (even on a locked screen), capture a screenshot, or activate Cortana. Efficiently erase or launch the context menu with the side buttons. Install Windows Ink Workspace to customize buttons to your needs.
- Elevate your creativity with the improved precision of the HP Tilt Pen. Write, draw, and compute as naturally as ever with true-to-life feel creating a seamless and enjoyable working experience. Activate presentation mode to conveniently move your cursor, flip through slides, and highlight key points of your presentation—without the need for a clicker.
Best Surface Pro X accessories: Sleeves and Bags
- Luxury bags are tough to find for Chromebooks, but Waterfield Designs offers an excellent custom-fit option. You can specific the exact dimensions of your Chromebook and they will build you a custom case made of waxed canvas or ballistic nylon. This is a premium sleeve with amazing build quality.
Best Surface Pro X accessories: Mice
- Logitech's M570 has a distinct and instantly recognizable form-factor. The giant teal trackball is easily spotted while the mouse is in use. If you do a lot of scrolling for work, and find a trackball comfortable, this is the best option by far. This is one of the most comfortable mice to use for long periods of time.
- The Logitech MX Master series is the industry standard for what a mouse should be. Ultra-fast mag speed scrolling, ergonomic design and app-specific customization make this an ultra-premium pick. With USB-C quick charging and the ability to work on glass surfaces, this is a mouse you can use anywhere.
- Logitech obviously has several options when it comes to mice. The M510 is a standout thanks to its consistent rating as a battery life champ. Users report a year or more average use on a single charge. With a comfortable design and a price under $25, this is an excellent option.
- Another popular form factor is the vertical mouse design. This layout allows you to use the mouse in a grip-like orientation. Many users find this to be the most comfortable way to use a mouse for long periods of time. Anker also packs a fantastic feature set and battery life into this unique design.
Best Surface Pro X accessories: Keyboards
- Next-level versatility comes in the perfect pair — Surface Slim Pen 2 stores securely and recharges in the premium keyboard, featuring a large glass touchpad and luxurious, Alcantara material covering. Ready to pair with Surface Pro 8 and Surface Pro X. If you need the pen and keyboard cover, this is the best option for sure.
- Slim, modern design at an exceptional value. Enjoy the solid, durable feel of this refined keyboard as you work in Windows and Office 365. Connects wirelessly to your windows laptop via Bluetooth. Connect to your windows 10 or 11 PC right out of the box when you enable swift Pair.
- Folding keyboards are a thing, and they'e pretty awesome. If you travel constantly for work, you may want to check out Jelly Comb's folding keyboard. In addition to wired and wireless connection modes, you also get a built-in touchpad mouse as an added bonus.
- Perhaps you want a keyboard bundled with a wireless mouse? This slim wireless keyboard from Jelly Comb also comes bundled with a travel mouse. Both devices feature an ergonomic design and automatic sleep mode to preserve battery life. At just $25, this is a great bundle to consider.
Those are our picks for the best pens, sleeves, mice, and keyboards to use with your laptop. If you want to use the Surface Pro X on the go, the Waterfield Designs sleeve case is an excellent choice. For those on a tighter budget, the Case Logic carrying case is a great option at a lower price. Let us know which accessories you’re using with your favorite Microsoft Surface device.