It’s now possible for the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro to install international firmware without waiting
Just like with the OnePlus 6T, the OnePlus 7 Pro is available for purchase in T-Mobile stores in the US. Once you pay off its contract and use the device on the network for 40 days, you’re able to unlock the bootloader and do whatever you want with it. Until then, you’re stuck with T-Mobile’s slower updates. Those who purchased the OnePlus 7 Pro on T-Mobile still don’t have the camera improvements that were rolled out a week ago, for example.
But if you have a T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro, there’s some good news. You can now install international firmware on the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro if you want! International firmware means faster updates, dual SIM support (if you buy a new SIM tray), and access to the latest Open Beta versions of OxygenOS. Even better, you can achieve all of that without a SIM unlock from T-Mobile or unlocking your bootloader. XDA TV’s Daniel Marchena tested it on his device, who confirmed that he could switch to international firmware without even having a SIM unlock.
Unlocking your bootloader breaks Google Play support, along with making it impossible to stream HD DRM-protected content from the likes of Hulu and Netflix. However, thanks to the hard work of XDA Senior Member themustached, XDA Recognised Developer Eliminator74 and XDA Senior Member jkyoho, you won’t need to do that. The steps to install international firmware on your device are below, thanks to XDA Senior Member slayerh4x.
How to install international firmware on the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download both of these archives and extract them to a folder you can locate. Archive 1 Archive 2 – Mirror. The encryption keys for archive 1 and archive 2 are below.
- Open the MSM tool and uncheck the box next to SHA 256.
- Hold both volume buttons on your OnePlus 7 Pro for 5 seconds, then plug in the USB cable.
- Watch the running MSM tool on your computer. Once it says “Connected” next to one of the COM ports, press START.
- Do not unplug your device until it says “success” on screen.
- You now have international firmware!
Archive 1 decryption key: 836tI3vZa3ixi9487IpxNEw-I5RGT3QjJXmm0dGYLcI
Archive 2 decryption key: ezLIQmIL9j7OQV1qcvJtof8M0pCHYY_nC9W4pDaw3is
This tutorial works for devices that aren’t SIM unlocked from T-Mobile, though you still won’t be able to unlock your bootloader. If you were SIM unlocked before, you can then enable OEM unlocking in your developer options and unlock your bootloader as you normally would. If you want to read more, you can check out the thread below!