Tasker 5.10 rolls out in stable with Android 11 Controls support
Tasker developer joaomgcd showcased an experimental plugin earlier this year in August, which allowed the automation app to hijack Android 11’s new power menu to trigger any event. The plugin was rolled out to users with Tasker 5.9.4 beta late last month, and it allowed users to add Tasker tiles to the power menu as clickable buttons. Now, the feature is finally available on the stable channel with the latest update, the developer announced today on Reddit.
As you can see in the attached video, the new Power Menu Action feature in Tasker lets you create tiles for the power menu in Android 11. These tiles can be customized to trigger every available task on Android 11 with just a tap. But they’re not limited to single tasks. The tiles can also be dynamic in nature, allowing you to perform different tasks based on various factors like your location, time of day, etc.
Along with the Power Menu Actions, Tasker 5.10 brings a new Action Command which lets you trigger the Command event with the AutoApps Command System, an Event Command that you can trigger with the Command action, and the ability to allow third-party apps to send commands that trigger the Command event. Check out the changelog (reproduced below) to see everything new in the latest Tasker update.
- Added Action Power Menu Action which allows you to create tiles for the Android 11+ Power Menu.
- Added the Power Menu Shown event which triggers when the Power Menu screen is shown on Android 11+
- Added Power Menu tiles for every available task on Android 11+
- Added Action Command which allows you to trigger the Command event with the AutoApps Command System
- Added Event Command which can be triggered with the Command action
- Added ability for third party apps to send commands that trigger the Command event but they have to explicitly ask the user for a permission to do so.
- Added Phone Call permission to kid apps when they use Contact Via App action
- Added text option to Signal and Telegram messages in the Contact Via App action
- Added option to add to new project when importing a profile or task from Taskernet
- Added option to disable number of enabled profiles in Tasker notification
- Changed the dialog where you choose an icon so that it shows an icon for each option
- Don’t warn user about deprecated HTTP GET action if in kid app
- Don’t execute actions in exit tasks of active profiles when shutting down: was previously executing all of them, even if disabled or in non-matching if conditions so it was unwanted behaviour. Tasks in profiles with the Device Shutdown event will still run.
- Removed option to insert SMS into messaging database since it wasn’t possible to do that anymore
- Fixed situation where the same variable is set multiple times in a row to different values and the same value would be reported in the Variable Set event
- Fixed %TETHER variable in some situations
- Fixed long standing situation where Tasker would run disabled actions when the device is shutting down
- Fixed keyboard automatically hiding in input fields on Scenes on Android 11+
- Fixed Termux command so it’s compatible with upcoming Termux release
- Fixed dialogs not cancelling when screen is rotated while they are showing
- Fixed crash when reading a file too large to be read
- Fixed copying/moving files with weird extensions to external SD cards
- Fixed a few crashes