TWRP 3.0.0 Has Been Released
TWRP 3.0.0 has now been released for all devices that are currently supported and comes packed full of new features and a completely new look.
The TWRP team has also issued a warning that as this release brings some significant changes it is possible that some devices may not boot correctly or have display issues due to the graphical changes. It is highly recommended that you ensure that you are able to flash an older version of TWRP in case of these errors.
changes included in version 3.0.0 are:
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
- Language translation – Languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be available on most devices. Some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Translations are welcome over at OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- Many, many minor fixes and tweaks
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.