Unlock, TWRP and Root the OnePlus 3
In this XDA TV video, Rawad takes us through the fastest guide on how you can root, unlock and flash TWRP on your OnePlus 3. For those of you that do better with written instructions, follow the steps below.
Download Super SU here.
Download TWRP here.
This process includes wiping everything from your device, so make sure you have a backup before you begin.
- Plug your device into your computer VIA USB
- Navigate to the CD Drive folder, double click on OnePlus_USB_Drivers_Setup.exe and install the drivers
- Go to settings > About Phone > Tap Build number 7-8 times until you see “You are now a developer”
- Go to Developer options and enable USB debugging, OEM unlocking and advanced reboot
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the SuperSU and TWRP files, hold shift+right click and choose “open command window here”
- Type adb devices into the command prompt and hit enter to see if your device is properly setup
- Type adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone shows the bootloader screen, type fastboot devices
- Type fastboot oem unlock and choose “yes”
- After your phone reboots, enable USB debugging and OEM unlock in your settings again.
- Going back to ADB, type adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re at the bootloader screen, type fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img with twrp being the name of the recovery file.
- On your phone, use the volume keys to navigate to the recovery option, then use the power button to select
- In TWRP go to advanced > ADB sideload > swipe to start sideload
- In CMD type adb sideload SuperSU.zip with Super SU being the name of the zip file
- On your phone, select reboot system
The phone will reboot a couple of times before launching into android and being fully rooted.
Check out the full thread on XDA here, if you have any questions.