WeNote is a Google Keep alternative with a built-in calendar and Google Drive sync
There are a bunch of different note-taking apps on the Google Play Store, but most people probably gravitate towards the big names like Google Keep, Evernote, or Microsoft OneNote. If you’re looking to try something new, check out WeNote by XDA Member yccheok. It’s an app for all your notes, to-do lists, reminders, etc. just like all the rest, but it’s full of features like icon customization for notes, locking notes behind passwords, stickying notes to your status bar, and much more. It also has a built-in calendar so you can keep track of reminders without needing a separate app, and it can also sync with Google Drive so you’ll never lose your data.
Here’s a list of features that the app offers according to its Play Store description:
- Create color notes and to-do lists
- Add pictures, drawings, or handwriting as an attachment
- Lock notes, to-do lists, or the app itself via PIN, pattern, password or fingerprint
- Choose from 2 different font types, 5 different font sizes, 4 different themes (including a dark theme), 5 different views, 6 different sorting modes, and 12 colorize choices
- Reminders (customizable and can repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly) and calendar (with lunar calendar support, but no Google Calendar integration)
- Stick a note to the status bar
- Securely sync to Google Drive or make local backups
- Share notes and attachments to email, SMS, social network & messaging apps
- Accept shared notes and attachments from other apps
- Quick search function
- Sticky note and Quick add home widgets
Most of the features are available in the free version of the app, but there are a few premium features such as audio sound recording, adding a Note list home widget, and getting access to more themes and icon packs. Unlocking these premium features separately costs $4.99 for each feature, or you can unlock all features by paying $16.99. That’s a pretty steep price, but if you find yourself using this app a lot, you may want to show support to the developer.
The app has a high rating with a lot of reviews on the Google Play Store, so it’s clear this app is pretty well-made. Just note that some features like Reminders may not work properly on your device due to aggressive background management, so be sure you whitelist the app from battery management features if you want to receive reminders on time.