Where to Download Android USB Drivers
Guess what!? USB drivers allow your computer to recognize your Android device and interact with it. With a USB driver you will be able to browse the file system on your device, as if it were an external hard drive. This is essential for transferring files between your phone and PC. Cloud services are good, but sometimes you just want to connect your phone to your PC with a good old-fashioned cable. Right, grandpa?
To install OEM USB drivers, just launch the file and follow the onscreen instructions.
|Links to OEM USB Drivers|
|Samsung||Sharp||SK Telesys||Sony Mobile||Teleepoch|
If your manufacturer is not listed, you can probably find appropriate OEM drivers on the XDA Forums.
Google also maintains a list of OEM USB drivers.
Fastboot and ADB Drivers
These suckers allow your computer recognize Android devices while in recovery or bootloader mode. This will be needed for rooting, unlocking your bootloader, and flashing ROMs.
To find the ADB/Fastboot drivers, download the Android SDK.
Once downloaded, launch the software by right clicking on the icon and selecting run as administrator. Select the Google USB drivers and click install package. Boom.
Universal drivers support a large number of devices. This is useful for anyone having issues with current drivers, or if for some reason you cannot find your drivers. You can read more about Universal Naked Drivers to determine if they would be helpful for you.
The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.
This is one of the most common obstacles people will run into when installing drivers. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Change PC Settings > General
- Under Advanced Startup select reboot
- Your computer will reboot and present you with a choose option screen
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart
- Your computer will reboot again and bring you to a startup settings page
- Select option 7 (Disable driver signature verification)
- Windows will now boot as normal
- Proceed to install drivers
- You will be shown a warning popup that reads Windows can’t verify the publish of this driver.
- Select Install this driver software anyway