WiFi Hotspot Enabled For Samsung Omnia 7
We don’t talk as much as we should about WP7 in the Portal. However, and much against people’s skepticism, this platform is heavily being worked by several devs whom we know and remember from the golden days of Windows Mobile. In this particular case, Focus and Omnia 7 owners have gained a very important feature, previously unavailable: WiFi hotspot. XDA member drkfngthdragnlrd has posted a very complete guide on how to achieve this mod based on the original work released by XDA Recognized Developer OndraSter. This mod will allow you to tether through your device, regardless of what your carrier may say about your ability to do it with these devices.
Please follow the guide completely and read it over a few times before to avoid making mistakes. Also, be sure to leave some feedback for the dev.
1. Remove (uninstall) Network Profile application and remove any APN you set up in settings -> cellular.
2. InterOP-unlock your device (Heathcliff)
3. Install DiagProvXML app
3. Using Isolated Storage Explorer deploy enclosed provxml files
4. Install the xml files in this order: hotspot, hotspot1, mxip_hotspotconfig_01, EnableAutoDataConfig
4b. Check in settings that you can now see Internet Sharing between Bluetooth and accounts!
6. Deploy WP7 Root Tools (Heathcliff)
7. Now launch Root Tools and go to Local Machine -> Comm -> InternetSharing and manualy add:
You can find more information in the original thread.
Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.
Thanks OndraSter for the tip!