Win a trip to the UK to celebrate OnePlus’ 5th Anniversary
OnePlus began as a scrappy upstart and was co-founded by two OPPO employees, Pete Lau, and Carl Pei. The company made waves through the Android community with their “Flagship Killer” marketing campaign for the OnePlus One (which is still the most active LineageOS device with over 68,500 installs). They say time flies and it’s surprising to think that OnePlus is about to celebrate its 5th anniversary next month. The company was officially founded on December 16th, 2013 and they are hosting a contest where 6 lucky winners will be able to attend the UK event.
Pete Lau is the current CEO and co-founder of OnePlus, but he started off working at OPPO as a hardware engineer. Later on in his career, he moved up to become the director of OPPO’s Blu-ray division and eventually became the head of marketing before finally getting assigned as the Vice President of the entire company. Carl Pei joined Nokia in 2010 but only for a short time before getting hired by Meizu. This was another short venture for Carl though as he joined OPPO in late 2012 as the manager of the international market (working directly under Pete Lau). The two then co-founded OnePlus a year later with the motto of “Never Settle” and created products that “improve the actual user experience in day-to-day use.”
So, to celebrate this upcoming event, OnePlus is holding a contest so some lucky winners will get to join in on the celebration. The announcement calls it “an exclusive mystery experience in the United Kingdom” as they “don’t want to spoil the surprise just yet.” However, they are giving away round-trip airplane tickets and a one-night hotel stay for 6 lucky winners of the contest. As with all contests, here are the rules:
- All entries submitted via YouTube must comply with YouTube’s community guidelines and Terms of Service. Any entry that fails to do so will be disqualified.
- YouTube is not sponsoring this contest and is not liable for any content or outcomes of the contest.
- We suggest you use English in your entry, but you’re also free to use your native language, in landscape (horizontal) format, filmed in at least FullHD quality (although 4K is preferred) and should feature you.
- Entries must be submitted in this form: [HERE]
- We’ll select 6 winners to join us in the event.
- Finalists will be asked to send their original video file to OnePlus via email.
- The winners must be from the European Union and be eligible to travel to the United Kingdom from early to mid-December
- This contest will close for entries on Nov 30, 2018, 00:00 (12:00 am) CET.
- If a winner is not eligible for travel on specific dates, the prizes will be awarded to a runner-up finalist.
- Winners will be announced on Dec 4.
- You must be 18 years or older to win and be a citizen of one of the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom