[UPDATED Terms & Conditions] XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge
Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some great devices of there own, from the LG G2 and the follow up LG G3. Of course, there are many other great devices that LG makes, including tablets and watches. LG is focusing heavily on user experience. The thought is, if I have a smartphone and a tablet, can I have the same experience on both? Well LG thinks you can, that’s why they’ve developed the LG QPair. With LG QPair, users do not need to be worry about missing calls or SMSs when they are using tablets. LG QPair is an awesome feature which helps users to use their tablet and smartphones seamlessly. The LG QPair SDK is the software tool that opens APIs for LG’s unique QPair application. With the LG QPair SDK, LG invites developers to build unique, delightful, and practical apps that push the boundaries of traditional user experience.
The XDA – LG Developer Challenge is a 2-week competition – your opportunity to pitch your proposal for the best LG QPair SDK app and bring it to life with a LG G Pad of your own. We’ll be awarding LG G Pads to the 10 best app proposals in order to give even first time developers a chance to work on the LG platform. Of the 10 proposals that we select, the best 2 LG QPair SDK apps created will rewarded with a new LG G Watch R.
Here’s how the competition is going to go:
Round 1 (September 29 – October 10, 2014):
- Developers around the world are invited to submit a proposal for an app they want to build with LG’s QPair SDK before October 10, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time).
- A panel of judges from both XDA and LG will select 10 Finalists, based on the proposals innovation, ingenuity and originality.
- The 10 Finalists will each receive one LG G Pad to develop their apps on.
Round 2 (October 18 – December 19, 2014):
- Finalists have 8 weeks to develop their apps and submit them before December 19, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time) for Grand Prize consideration.
- A panel of judges from both XDA and LG will select 1 Grand Prize winner.
- Via an open voting system, the public will vote for its favorite app among the 10 Finalists and select the Popular Choice Grand Prize winner.
- Both Grand Prize winners will receive a LG G Watch R for their winning apps.
Grand prize and Popular Choice award winners will be announced on December 27, 2014.
App Idea Finalists (10)– LG G Pad
Grand Prize Winners (2)
-LG G Watch R
- Challenge Idea Submission Period: September 29, 2014 (9:00am Pacific Time) – October 10, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time)
- Idea Selection Period: October 10, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time) – October 14, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time)
- Idea Selection will be done by LG and XDA.
- LG G Pad Shipment Date: October 17, 2014
- Challenge Development Period: October 14, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time) – December 19, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time)
- App Submission Date: on or before December 19, 2014 (5:00pm Pacific Time)
- Finalist Voting Period: December 20, 2014 (10:00am Pacific Time) – December 27, 2014 (1:00pm Pacific Time)
- Public Finalist Voting will take place on the XDA Website and will be open only to registered XDA users.
- XDA & LG will choose 1 grand finalist winner.
- All Winners Announced: On or around December 27, 2014 (2:00pm Pacific Time)
Terms & Conditions
- Only one entry per person may be accepted, and excess entries will be disqualified
- You must be a member in good standing, with no history of bans and/or serious infractions.
- You must be able and willing to keep your contest thread updated.
- XDA reserves the right to disqualify an entry for any extenuating circumstances.
- If selected in the first phase, the developer must use the LG QPair SDK to build their app.
- The app can be LG devices only or pair with any Android smartphone.
- Developers must submit their app to the Google Play Store and the LG Smart World to be a valid entry in the last phase of the competition