Xiaomi rolls out PatchWall 3.0 for Mi TV users in India with Disney+ Hotstar integration, and more
Xiaomi in India is commonly associated with smartphones, but the company is also known for its products beyond. Their fitness tracker, the Mi Band 4, has helped shape the category in the country. And the same can also be said about Mi TVs, which have brought smart TVs to the middle-class Indian household. In addition to launching new TV products in India, Xiaomi has also been providing regular updates to its TVs. Now, Xiaomi is announcing the release of PatchWall 3.0 to its TV lineup in India, bringing along new content partners and deeper integrations.
Xiaomi’s Mi TVs run on Google’s Android TV platform, but with its own custom UX skin on top, called PatchWall. PatchWall first arrived on the scene with the Mi TV 4, while PatchWall 2.0 made its debut in September 2019. Xiaomi is now releasing PatchWall 3.0, the latest version of its software UX.
According to Xiaomi, PatchWall 3.0 follows along with the company’s content-first software strategy for TVs.
This new update features several new features and improvements:
- Disney+ Hotstar integration: This integration has allowed Xiaomi to introduce a dedicated sports channel, that helps with content discovery as well as giving users a one-click Play option for various sports content such as ongoing tournaments across sports like Kabaddi, Tennis, Cricket and more.
- New content partners: Docubay and Lattu Kids have been added as content partners. Docubay allows the streaming of international documentaries across various topics, while Lattu Kids boasts of over 1,500 hours of children-focused content.
- Mi List: Mi List now features curated lists of movies and TV shows from different genres, alongside being contextually-aware.
- UI enhancements such as:
- Cleaner animations: Animations for browsing through carousels have been redesigned to give greater focus on the current selection.
- Horizontal scrolling: The zero-screen in PatchWall 3.0 and on the Show Details page now enables horizontal scrolling through different lists.
- New Mi Lanting Pro font: The new font from MIUI 11 has also been added.
PatchWall 3.0 – Rollout
PatchWall 3.0 will be rolled out on Mi TVs with the latest software update from April 06, 2020. The software update will be rolled out to Mi TV 4A, Mi TV 4C Pro, Mi TV 4A Pro, Mi TV 4 Pro, Mi TV 4X, and Mi TV 4X Pro over the coming days.