Xiaomi rolls out MIUI 10.3.2.0 to the Mi Mix 2S and Mi Note 3 with March security patches and new face unlock options
Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S a year ago in China, giving us a flagship smartphone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, a notch-less minimal bezel design, and much more. The phone was launched with Android 8.0 Oreo, but it went on to receive its MIUI 10 Android Pie update as well. The phone was also one of the devices in the Android Pie Beta Program, allowing developers and power users an opportunity to try out the then-unreleased version of Android on their device.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 was launched in September 2017 with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC and MIUI based on Android 7 Nougat. The phone is scheduled to receive its Android Pie update in this month.
Xiaomi has now rolled out MIUI 10.3.2.0 to the Mi Mix 2S and the Mi Note 3, bringing with it the March 2019’s security patches as well as new options within face unlock. The update for the Mi Mix 2S is based on Android 9 Pie, while the Mi Note 3 gets it on Android 8.1 Oreo. Do note that face unlock features are dependant on the region, some features may not be available for all regions.
The changelog for the Mi Mix 2S’s update is as below:
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to March 2019.
- Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected.
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time.
- App Lock:
- New: Face Unlock support.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade:
- New: You can stay on the Lock screen after using Face unlock.
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now.
- Optimization: Face unlock efficiency.
- Optimization: Face data was recorded too fast.
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when battery was low.
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode.
- Fix: Face unlock prompts didn’t disappear on time.
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade.
- Mi Cloud:
- Optimization: We’ve redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
You can download the MIUI 10.3.2.0 update for the Mi Mix 2S from the link below:
Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer yshalsager for the download link!
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.