Download YouTube Vanced APK [Non-Root]
YouTube Vanced is a popular modded version of YouTube. It adds a number of features to the official YouTube app, including built-in adblocking, background playback, black/dark themes, and much more. This page has installation instructions and download links for non-rooted devices. YouTube Vanced for rooted devices can be found here.
Table of Contents:
- Latest version
- Difference between Root and Non-root variants
- How to install
- YouTube Vanced Features
Latest version of YouTube Vanced
The latest version of YouTube Vanced is 16.20.35.
Which Vanced should I choose: Root or Non-root?
Root variant: The root variant of Vanced seamlessly replaces the official YouTube app. As a result, you can directly open YouTube links or call them using Google assistant through the modded app.
Non-root variant: However, if you have a device that is difficult to root or you don’t want to root your daily driver on the first hand, you should opt for the non-root variant. It can be installed on a rooted device as well. Since the package name of the non-root variant is different from the stock YouTube app, they can co-exist. Note that you need to install an additional companion app (MicroG) to be able to log in with your YouTube/Google account. Moreover, you have to manually set Vanced as the default app for opening YouTube links. However, the non-root variant is simply easier to live with, so our recommendation is to stick with the non-root variant unless you really need to replace the stock YouTube app on your phone.
How to install YouTube Vanced Non-root variant
Using Vanced Manager
The YouTube Vanced team has created a new, easier method for getting Vanced up and running. Users can now simply install the Vanced Manager app and it will facilitate the process of installing MicroG and YouTube Vanced. Support for Vanced Music, i.e., a similarly modded version of YouTube Music is also there since version 1.3.0. The app makes it easy to choose which theme you want and to install future updates.
- Download the latest Vanced Manager from here on your Android device.
- Install the app and open it.
- Make sure to select “nonroot” during the initial configuration wizard.
- Tap “Install” next to MicroG.
- Follow the instructions to allow installing from unknown apps.
- MicroG will download and then you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
- Next, tap “Install” next to Vanced.
- Select your preferred theme and tap “NEXT”.
- Select your preferred language and tap “FINISH”.
- Vanced will download and you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
Vanced Manager Downloads
|Title||Latest Version||Codename||MD5 Checksum|
While Vanced Manager is always the recommended method for installing and managing the modded YouTube instance, power users may like to have more control over the installation process. In case you want to install YouTube Vanced without using Vanced Manager, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
How To Install without Vanced Manager
- Install the latest Vanced MicroG APK if you want to log in with your YouTube/Google account.
- Find the suitable YouTube Vanced APK components for the target device and download them.
- Install the set of APKs using Split APKs Installer (SAI). You can download SAI from its GitHub repo, F-Droid, or Google Play Store.
Vanced MicroG Downloads
|Title||Latest Version||MD5 Checksum|
Note that you may not find newer versions of YouTube Vanced as separately downloadable Split APKs.
Note for Huawei/Honor users
Starting from v0.2.12-203316, Vanced MicroG has a special “Huawei” button in the login wizard. If you are running a Huawei (and Honor) device that doesn’t come with Google Play Services by default but you sideloaded them later, you can still login to your YouTube/Google account while using Vanced modded apps using that option.
YouTube Vanced Features
- Ability to blocks all videos ads.
- Optional AMOLED black theme to reduce eye and battery strain.
- Allows you to play videos in the background or in Picture in Picture (only on Android 8.0 Oreo and up).
- Swipe controls allow you to control brightness and volume like how it is in other video player apps (with configurable padding).
- Auto repeat feature to enjoy videos like tiktoks/vines or simply continue playing a song on loop.
- Vanced allows you to override codec options (such as forcing H.264 for old devices)
- You can also force HDR playback or turn off 60fps if you prefer a cinematic experience with custom device configs.
- Force the default video resolution as high or low as you want and even override your screen resolution (e.g. 4K playback on any device).
- Change default playback speed to anywhere between 0.25x to 2x.
- Allows you to toggle home ads, most UI ads, merchandise ads, community posts, movie upselling, compact banner info, remove comments entirely, compact movie, movie shelf removal and many more!
- Full integration with SponsorBlock so that you can skip sponsor segments, i.e. a youtuber advertises a service or product in the middle of a video.
- Supports skipping other categories, such as intros, outros and reminders to subscribe.
- Complete control over whether to automatically skip a segment category or show a button for skipping, or simply just not skipping it at all.
- Highlights the segment in the specific colour based on its category in the playback timeline.
- Possible to submit your own segments to the SponsorBlock API and contribute to the wider community.
YouTube Vanced is no doubt a very useful mod, and we’re glad to see the community enriching its features from time to time. It is fairly simple to use and you can have access to a multitude of exciting extra functionality to your YouTube viewing experience.