YoWindow is a weather app that changes its design based on time of day, season, and of course, the weather
Way back in 2014 we covered an app called YoWindow Weather. It was originally billed as a replacement for stock OEM home widgets. In the years since then, YoWindow has continued to improve and evolve. If you haven’t checked it out in a while, there’s a lot going on.
The “window” aspect of YoWindow has to do with the design of the app. When you open the app it mimics the current weather conditions. You immediately get a sense of the weather without having to look at the temperature or forecast. Of course, YoWindow has all of that information as well. You can pick your own backgrounds and if you have an Android TV device, YoWindow makes a great screensaver.
- Motion in time. Swipe the screen to scroll the time forward. That’s how you watch the weather forecast in YoWindow.
- The sun sets at the same time as in the real world. The phase of the moon is real.
- The seasons are changing along with nature 5 times a year.
- Yes, you can set YoWindow as your Live Wallpaper. And there are a bunch of widgets.
- Radar and Weather Map.
- Temperature on the status bar.
- Weather forecast in the notification area.
- Alarm clock with the weather — two in one — wake up to the sounds of nature.
- Screensaver (Daydream) “weather on the phone screen.”
- Android TV support.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.